Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Out on Disk - Civil Warriors

Azumi 2: Death or Love (2009)

Starring: Aye Ueto, Yuma Ishigaki
Directed by: Shusuke Keneko
Rating: R
Genre: Action
Other

Review
Two young assassins are all that stand in the way of civil war in this tense actioner from Keneko. Ueto and Ishikagi are still excellent the second time around, but the sophisticated story and character exposition of the first movie seem to get pushed aside as the action comes center stage. First rate fighting and great cinematography and sound, but something's missing here. Probably only for Keneko fans as those unable to slake their thirst for the Azumi story.

2 comments:

Arielle said...

Where did you even hear about this??

Oswald Reeves said...

Arielle (you wouldn't happen to be the great pinch-faced French actress/singer Arielle Dumbasle?), I don't mean to brag, but I'm considered something of an expert on Asian cinema amongst my cofee klatsch in Bolinas. I don't like to push my agenda, though, so I rarely comment on these flicks unless I feel that they will reach the attention "Mendoza line" worth my readers' time. Thanks for your comment, and if you are indeed Ms. Dumbasle, why haven't we seen you in a musical remake of "Pauline a la Plague"?