Friday, September 18, 2009

Bite My Fire!

Jennifer And Her Body (2009)
Starring: Jenny Lopes, Amanda Sigfried, Adrian Brody
Directed by: Karen Kwasimoto
Rating: R
Genre: Horror
Other

Review
Body-of-the-month Jenny Lopes ("Jenny's Hood", "Side Out", "Backsliders") stars as a wise-cracking vampire cheerleader who finds herself knocked up by hatchet-faced beanpole Adrian Brody ("The Pianoist") and takes it out on a series of middle-class men facing the "change of life."  Kwasimoto ("RollerFighter", "RollerFighter 2: AeroFlux") can't seem to figure out quite what she's got here. At times the film plays like Woody Allen vomiting through the small slats of a hockey mask, while other times I was reminded of the quiet pleasures of Thelma vs. Louise.
 

Cinnamon-Lifesaver-hot young writer (and sometime hand model!) Ellen de Diabolique wrote the script, purportedly based on a weekend spent with L.A. madman Steve Martin.  Whatever, I think she might be onto something, because I find the whole vampire thing simply impossible to ignore. One bit of advice for Ms. Kwasimoto - what about vampires in the business world?! Call me!

2 comments:

Arielle said...

I looked it up on wikipedia, and I'd much rather see your version of this movie.
The real one sounds stupid.

Oswald Reeves said...

You shall be hearing from my lawyer.